As we noted in this morning’s post, it’s allergy season outdoors, particularly from tree pollen. Sneezing, itchy eyes and other symptoms are pretty common right now. But did you know there are indoor irritants that can also cause these symptoms and you can do something about it? With this post, our sponsor Reliant wanted readers to know that now is a great time to consider what you can do to improve the quality of the indoor air inside your home.
The first step is to determine whether you need an indoor air quality check-up. If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, then it is probably a good idea:
- Do you have respiratory issues that improve when you leave your home?
- Does the air inside your home feel damp or stuffy?
- Do you smoke inside?
- When you enter your home, do you notice that smells linger?
So what is an air quality check-up? As part of this service, air quality specialists perform a visual inspection of your home’s HVAC system, assessing the quality of the air you and your family breathe. There could be any number of underlying problems, from poor ventilation to unexpected sources of odors and allergens.
The goal of the assessment is to diagnose those problems, and then find solutions that leave you with a healthier, fresher home. Here are some of the potential solutions available to improving the air quality inside your home:
- UV lights to reduce viruses and bacteria in your HVAC coils
- Air cleaners that capture up to 99.98% of allergens and bacteria
- Media filters that capture dust and debris and enhance the efficiency of your HVAC system
- In-duct air purifiers that provide whole-home purification
Reliant offers an indoor air quality assessment for just $49. This service is available to anyone, regardless of electricity provider, but Reliant customers receive 10 percent off.
People often think Reliant only provides electricity, but they do a lot more than that! They want to ensure Houstonians feel safe and secure in their home, which is why their home services team provides indoor air quality checks, along with HVAC repair and efficiency services, home maintenance and home security. If you’re interested in having your home’s air assessed, please call (833) 480-7835.